D’Orazio Capital Partners is a Chicago-based private equity firm that focuses on control investments in lower middle market companies based in North America.
OUR INVESTMENT APPROACH
At D’Orazio Capital Partners, our goal is to make good companies better. We begin with a rigorous investment selection process, exercising discipline in seeking companies with solid business models and compelling growth prospects that compete in attractive markets we understand.
Once a target investment has been identified, we conduct robust due diligence with the dual objective of ensuring that risk/reward attributes have been fully vetted and that a well-grounded and executable investment thesis and business plan have been developed. We then capitalize each investment in a manner custom-designed to facilitate the execution of the investment thesis and business plan.
During our ownership period, we work collaboratively with each management team to ensure:
- Key investment assumptions are periodically confirmed or adjusted
- An environment of execution and accountability exists
- Internal and external reporting is timely, useful, and fully transparent
- Human and financial capital needs are identified and adequately met
- All stakeholder interests are properly aligned
OUR INVESTMENT CRITERIA
- Maintenance and Repair
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Supply-chain Management
- Oil & Gas and Energy Products & Services
- Revenues of $10 to $100 million (optimal range $30 to $50 million)
- Cash flow up to $10 million (optimal range $3 to $5 million)
We consider transactions arising from numerous situations including:
- Ownership transitions, including those to next generation or management
- Spin-out of non-core business units from the organziation
- Recapitalization coupled with growth capital